Frequently Asked Questions
We have a small team of sponsored athletes who work with us. They are chosen not just because they are operating at the highest levels of outdoor performance but also help us develop our products so that all of us benefit from their experience.
Each year we support a few expeditions with preferential deals on our equipment. Typically, these trips will be “Firsts” in the Greater Ranges or Polar Regions of the world. In return we ask for gear feedback, written reports and top quality, high-resolution photographs of our gear in use.
We will also support trips that offer the chance to get the Halite brand exposed to a wider audience. Have a look through the website to see who we have supported in the past, if your plans are similar to these please contact us.
There has been an explosion of fund raising “expeditions” over the last few years. We do not support any expeditions because they have a charity aspect to them; they have to fit the other criteria listed above.
Internet Privacy and Cookies Policy
Information That We Collect
In running and maintaining our website we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information about your use of our site including details of your visits such as pages viewed and the resources that you access. Such information includes traffic data, location data and other communication data.
- Information provided voluntarily by you. For example, when you register for information or make a purchase.
- Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means.
We may gather information about your general internet use by using the cookie. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer and stored on the computer’s hard drive. Such information will not identify you personally; it is statistical data which does not identify any personal details whatsoever.
You can adjust the settings on your computer to decline any cookies if you wish. This can be done within the “settings” section of your computer. For more information please read the advice at AboutCookies.org.
Use of Your Information
We use the information that we collect from you to provide our services to you. In addition to this we may use the information for one or more of the following purposes:
- To provide information to you that you request from us relating to our products or services.
- To provide information to you relating to other products that may be of interest to you. Such additional information will only be provided where you have consented to receive such information.
- To inform you of any changes to our website, services or goods and products.
If you have previously purchased goods or services from us we may provide to you details of similar goods or services, or other goods and services, that you may be interested in.
We never give your details to third parties to use your data to enable them to provide you with information regarding unrelated goods or services.
Storing Your Personal Data
In operating our website, it may become necessary to transfer data that we collect from you to locations outside of the European Union for processing and storing. By providing your personal data to us, you agree to this transfer, storing and processing. We do our utmost to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to make sure that your data is stored securely.
Unfortunately, the sending of information via the internet is not totally secure and on occasion such information can be intercepted. We cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically, sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
Disclosing Your Information
- In the event that we sell any or all of our business to the buyer.
- Where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information.
- To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud.
Third Party Links
Access to Information
In accordance with the Data Protection Act, you have the right to access any information that we hold relating to you.
Please do not hesitate to contact us regarding any matter relating to this Privacy and Cookies Policy via email at email@example.com.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Our commitment to corporate social responsibility is clear: we strive for the safest production methods, respect for people and the environment. We only work with partners who share the same exacting standards. Environmental and social responsibility is part of the fabric of our business. It is woven into our strategies and work practices.
There are three key areas we keep our eyes on:
Working on ways to reduce environmental impact in our designs, the materials we choose and the development and manufacturing processes we use.
Reducing the environmental impacts of our business travel, offices, retail outlets, distribution and delivery.
Continually assessing our supply chain and making sure the people who make our products do so in the best possible conditions.
Product Sustainability & Environment
When you are planning an adventure, you map out where you are going and how you are going to get there. We do the same with our products. We consider the whole journey of our products, from the factory all the way into your hands.
Here is our checklist for making your products more sustainable:
1. Avoid using harmful substances: We approve the mills that make our fabrics; we educate/train our designers and suppliers, giving them the guidance to avoid these substances/use better alternatives in their design and manufacture.
2. Insist on great product design: Our products are designed to last, reducing the likelihood of damage and repairs.
3. Reduce packaging: We don’t over-package and we produce environmentally friendly packaging and catalogues.
4. Choose the best freight options: As much as possible, products are delivered by road or sea freight.
5. Encourage our customers to recycle and reuse: Don’t ditch your gear to become a mountain of landfill. Let your once-loved products reinvent themselves so they can move on to their next adventure.
Halite products are currently sourced from three high quality, experienced manufacturing partners in Asia.
We value long term business relationships where we can get to know a manufacturer and its employees. This ensures they understand our high quality standards and we have a greater understanding of their operation.
Every manufacturing facility is selected for its technical ability and social responsibility practices. Each facility is regularly visited, monitored and reported on by the product team to ensure a safe and fair working environment for their employees. In order to make our position clear to our manufacturers we apply a Code of Conduct that places demands on them, and acceptance of these demands is a pre-condition for becoming a Halite manufacturer. The code covers such issues as child labour, terms of employment, health & safety, the working environment and the prevention of cruelty to animals. This reflects globally recognised labour standards.